Arugampul / Bermuda Grass In India, durva grass is considered very sacred and most favourite to Lord Ganesha and offered to Him during auspicious days. It is clad by several other vernacular names such as Dhruva grass in Hindi and Sanskrit, Arugampul in Tamil, Karuka in Malayalam and Garikagaddi in Telugu
Bermuda grass is highly esteemed and used extensively in Ayurveda and Siddha medicine for more than a thousand years for its impressive medicinal properties. The strong anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties of Bermuda grass is used in traditional medicine for treating various ailments like piles, skin and eye problems, bleeding disorder and other gynaecological problems. Bermuda grass is credited to have potential antiseptic, astringent, cyano-genetic, demulcent, depurative, diuretic, and emollient activities. This wonder grass has been greatly valued since times immemorial for its indispensable medicinal properties.
Bermuda grass is loaded with a dense nutritional profile. The wealth of nutrients in Bermuda grass includes calcium, phosphorous, potash, potassium, sodium, manganese, protein, enzymes, carbohydrate, fibre, flavonoids and alkaloids which augments several health benefits.
Health Benefits of Arukam Pul (Bermuda Grass)
- The Bermuda grass contains a hypoglycemic effect, so it helps to maintain the level of blood sugar and reduces fatigue. It is also used to prevent diabetes-related diseases.
- The Arukam Pul contains bio-chemical compounds Cynodon dactylon protein fractions that boost the immunity of your body.
- It has anti-microbial and anti-viral properties, improves your immune health, and fights against many diseases.
- The Bermuda grass contains anti-ulcer activities that help to prevent ulcers. It fights against cold and decreases the phlegm.
- It’s decoction help to eliminate the toxin from the body and works as a good detoxifier. It cures muscle weakness and tones the nervous system. Thus, it is good for overall wellbeing.
- Doob grass for menstrual problems: Bermuda grass is effective for prolonged menstrual durations.
- Taking the decoction of bermudagrass and honey 3-4 times in a day will control heavy menstrual period.
- Continuos use of Bermuda cures digestion and stomach-related problems.
- The Bermuda grass is an effective remedy for acidity.
- By applying the juice of Bermuda grass over the affected area, you can get relief from eye infections.
Direction for use: Mix one spoon (5 g) of Arugampul powder in a glass of water, filter and drink preferably on empty stomach in the morning.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 cm|