- Jathikai for sleep:Jathikai helps to induce sleep. People with sleep disorders prefer Jathikai to get a good night sleep. Nutmeg helps to treat various sleep disorders. It has natural sedative properties and helps you to get sleep naturally without sleeping pills and other chemicals.
- Jathikai for babies:Jathikai is good for babies. But please limit the quantity you give to babies with just a swipe. It induces the sleep in babies. This is a very old home remedy. People give it as a part of Ura marundhu. People give vasambu, sukku, masikkai, kadukkai and few other ingredients also along with nutmeg.
- Jathikai for Stomach problems: Nutmeg is good to treat stomach problems like indigestion, diarrhea and flatulence. You can include nutmeg powder in your breakfast cereals or with warm milk.
External Benefits of Jathikai (Nutmeg):-
- Jathikai for face, skin and hair:Jathikai is good in treating pimples, blemishes, acne and acne scars. It has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Jathikai for dental problems:Nutmeg has anti-bacterial properties. It is used in oral care and to treat problems like tooth pain, sore gums. Nutmeg oil is available in market. One drop of oil can be applied in the problematic area.
- Jathikai for joint pains, massage and aromatherapy: There are jathikai oil available in the market for joint and muscular pains associated with rheumatism or overexertion. Even nutmeg essential oil is available online and offline which can be used in massage and aromatherapy.
This spice tree is a large evergreen plant that thrives well under tropical climates. A fully-grown tree may reach about 50-60 feet in height and is the source of nutmeg and mace, two invaluable spices. The nutmeg fruit, indeed, is a drupe about the size of an apricot which up on ripening splits-up to reveal single, centrally situated oval shaped hard kernel popular as “nutmeg spice. ” This seed kernel is closely enwrapped by crimson-red, lacy or thread like arils known as “mace. “
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 cm|