Kichili Kizhangu / Zedoary Powder
Zedoary, also known as white turmeric, is a rhizome with a thin brown skin and a bright orange, hard interior. Its smell is similar to that of turmeric and mango. The perennial herb has a warm-spicy, woody and camphoraceous cineolic odor and bears yellow shiny flowers, with red and green bracts. The ovate leaves possess purple-colored spots and are 1 to 2 feet long, narrowing at the base. The fruits are triangular and ovate in shape while the seeds are oval or spear shaped.
Internal Benefits of Kichili Kizhangu ( Yellow Zedoary ):-
- The herb serves as a body stimulant and purifies blood.
- It is very effective in treating respiratory disorders, tones up uterus and works as an aphrodisiac agent.
- Zedoary improves digestion, improves liver condition and normalizes body temperature.
- The herb, when taken in powdered form, helps in regularizing menstruation.
- In the juice form, it is used to treat urine-related disorders and urinary tract infections.
- Zedoary is used as a gastro-intestinal stimulant in flatulent colic and prevents stress ulceration as well.
- It helps in curing dyspepsia, colic, vomiting and cough.
- The herb proves useful in case of abdominal cramps, amenorrhea-abdominal pain and rheumatic pain. It is also used in anti-periodic pills.
- Zedoary is used as anti-venom for the Indian Cobra.
- It is used in the manufacture of liquors, stomach essences, bitters, perfumes and cosmetics.
External Benefits of Kichili Kizhangu ( Yellow Zedoary ):-
- Since zedoary is anti-inflammatory, its paste is used on inflammation, wounds, skin ailments and pain.
How to Consume Kichili Kizhangu ( Yellow Zedoary ) Internally:-
Morning – Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Kichili Kizhangu ( Yellow Zedoary ) Externally:-
Apply the paste on affected area
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 cm|