- It boosts the immune system.
- Helps in building muscle strength.
- Keeps diabetics in control.
- Its rich in fibre, which cures the constipation and cleanses the intestines and improves digestion.
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Using Kudavazhai Rice, we could make the following recipes:
- Plain rice
Kudavazhai rice belongs to red rice variety. It is one of the tradition rice varieties of Tamilnadu. Kudavazhai is loaded with vitamins and rich minerals that strengthens muscles, keeps diabetics in control, boosts the immune system. The rich fiber present in Kudavazhai rice improves digestion, cures constipation and cleans the toxic present in intestine.
Kudavazhai is mostly grown in Vetharanyam and Nagapattinam districts. Kudavazhai rice cultivation is spread all over seashore districts.
Its growth period is 130 days and it will grow upto 4 feet. Since its hay abundantly spreads like umberella (Kudai in tamil), this rice got its name as Kudaivazhai
It is cultivated by direct seeding method. It requires only 30 kilo seeds per acre. It can withstand heavy rain and drought. It may give us 26 to 30 bags per acre. There is no need for chemical fertilizers and pesticide. This rice is still used as staple food cultivation in villages.
Alternative Names: Kudai vazhai Arisi | Organic Kudavazhai