Marathi Moggu is finest described as a type of caper, and is also known as Kapok Buds. It is used in rice dishes like Bisi bele bath, pulao, also in preparations of masalas. It contains got brownish color and a bigger version of a clove seems with a strong fragrance as well. It is not eaten raw but always dry-fried and ground with other spices before going into a dish.
The Marathi Moggu belongs to the botanical genus Ceiba Pentandra, this spice is called caper bush and caper berry in English. Ceiba Pentandra has an interesting and pungent flavor and has a variety of medicinal properties. Though it is a breed of Marathi Moggu, it comes with an unusual taste and aroma.
- Helps to treat injuries.
- Treats constipation.
- Relieves hoarseness, inflammation, and cough in the nose.
- Treats gonorrhea.
- Marathi Moggu has many healing benefits and it helps to treat diarrhea.
- It contains a high amount of antioxidants and helps to controls anti-diabetic.
- According to the Ayurvedic, Ceiba Pentandra calms down Kapha and Pitta levels.
- It is also used in asthma medications.