Packed with protein and low on carbs, moong dal (also known as green gram) is one of the most recommended vegetarian superfoods. An integral part of the Indian diet, it is extremely light and easy to digest. Compared to other dals, moong dal is low on carbs, making it a healthier option.
- It is a rich source of low fat protein, has a wide amino acid profile and contains no trans or saturated fats.
- It has both insoluble and water soluble fibers that help maintain a healthy appetite.
- Water soluble fiber helps lower LDL cholesterol and protects from cardiovascular diseases.
- It digests slowly and gradually releasing sugar into the blood and helps maintain the blood sugar level.
- It is said that the water in which green gram was soaked is a good medicine during cholera, measles and chicken pox.