The papaya plant has an erect branchless trunk 6-20 ft tall, and a palmlike head of foliage at the top. The trunk remains somewhat succulent and soft wooded, and never develops true bark. It is ringed with prominent scars from previous leaf stems and contains an acrid milky latex sap. The leaves are deeply incised and lobed, up to 24 in across and borne on 24 in petioles. The five-petal flowers are fleshy, waxy and fragrant. Some papaya bear only short stalked female flower or bisexual flowers, while others may bear only male flowers, clustered on panicles 5-6 feet long. Some papaya may have both male and female flowers. The flower of papaya are usually white and small
Internal Benefits of Pappali ilai ( Papaya/Melon Tree ):-
- Treats Dengue fever A common remedy that is advised by all to dengue patients is papaya leaf juice.
Dengue is caused by infected Aedes mosquitoes, who transmit the disease into our blood.
Dengue fever severely brings down the blood platelet count, and the extracts from papaya leaf are known to help increase the count.
- Anti-Malarial Properties Papaya leaves have strong anti-malarial properties. A compound found in papaya leaf is acetogenin, which can help prevent dangerous disease like malaria and dengue.
- Good for Liver Just as papaya, papaya leaf juice also acts as a potent cleansing agent for the liver, thereby healing many chronic liver diseases, jaundice and liver cirrhosis. Lowers Blood Sugar Levels Papaya leaf juice can work wonders for diabetics as well, as it regulates the production of insulin, which in turn checks blood sugar levels. Its strong antioxidant nature also helps to bring down the consequent complications of diabetes like kidney damage and fatty liver.
- Cure to Your Menstrual Pain Are you a victim of excruciating menstrual cramps and lower abdominal pain during your periods? Papaya leaf juice works wonders to ease the menstrual flow and reduce the pain. Drinking this juice also brings down PMS symptoms. Its potent healing properties balance hormones, and regulate menstruation cycles. You can try this concoction to treat your menstrual pain: take one papaya leaf, a pinch of salt and tamarind, mix them all in a glass of water and bring it to boil. This juice should ease your pain greatly.
- Supports Digestion Papaya leaves are also rich in protease and amylase. These enzymes help break down proteins, carbs and minerals aiding digestion. Its high anti-inflammatory properties also reduce the inflammation of stomach and colon
- Helps Treat Skin Problems Papaya leaf juice has a rich content of vitamin C and A, which boost skin health and lend you a healthier and radiant skin. Papaya leaf juice suppresses the activity of free radicals. The presence of karpain compounds checks the growth of excess micro-organisms, and cleanses your skin of the toxins, providing protection against skin problems like pimples, freckles and acne.
External Benefits of Pappali ilai ( Papaya/Melon Tree ):-
Promotes Hair Growth The extract of papaya leaf is said to promote hair growth, prevent balding and thinning of hair. It is an important ingredient used in anti-dandruff shampoos because of the karpain compound. This alkaloid component is effective in removing dirt and oil from your scalp. It can also serve as a natural conditioner and bring back the lost sheen to your hair.
How to Consume Pappali ilai ( Papaya/Melon Tree ) Internally:-
Morning – Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 cm|