Frog Fruit is a flowering, broadleaf plant. It is grows in a ground cover or turf like manner, and is often present in yards. The inflorescence consists of a purple-colored center encircled by small white-to-pink flowers. The flower takes on a match-like look, which is why the plant is called match weed. The leaf arrangement is opposite. Each leaf has one to seven teeth on each edge starting at the widest point and continuing to the tip.
Internal Benefits of Poduthalai (Frog Fruit / Turkey Tangle):-
- Poduthalai in Siddha:Toasted tender stalks and leaves, in infusion, used for childrens indigestion.
- Poduthalai in Pattivaithiyam: Juice of roots used for gastric problems.
- Used for treatment of hookworms.
- Used for women after childbirth.
- Infusion used in colds with fever; also as diuretic and for lithiasis.
- Poultice of fresh plant used to hasten ripening of boils.
- Used for liver disorders, dandruff control, and indigestion in children
- Poduthalai in Nattumaruthuvam:Plant used for joint pains, constipation, ulcers, boils, swollen cervical glands, and gonorrhea.
- Poduthalai in Siddha Maruthuvam: Used for asthma, bronchitis, diseases of the heart, blood, and eyes.
- Plant vapors inhaled to treat coughs and colds. Root juice used for gastric problems.
External Benefits of Poduthalai (Frog Fruit / Turkey Tangle):-
- Paste or poultice of plant applied to swollen cervical glands, erysipelas and to chronic indolent ulcers.
- paste of leaves applied to swellings and wounds
How to Consume Poduthalai (Frog Fruit / Turkey Tangle) Internally:-
Morning – Mix 5 gms of powder in 100 ml water, Boil the content for few minutes. once the water gets warm, filter the content and drink it before food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after dinner.
How to Apply Poduthalai (Frog Fruit / Turkey Tangle) Externally:-
Apply the paste on affected area
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 cm|