Poongar rice Benefits
- Common Benefits
– Poongar rice increases the immunity power and also the hemoglobin level in the blood cells.
– Poongar rice eliminates cholesterol and unwanted water in our body.
– Poongar rice reduces and maintains the sugar content in our body at the normal level.and it helps to recover from celiac diseases.
– Hand Bounded (kaikuthal) poongar rice is highly fibers so it good for the digestive system and also helps for the constipation sufferers.
Benefits for women’s
Poongar rice is also called women’s rice(pengalin arisi-பெண்களின் அரிசி). Because the poongar rice is mainly used for women during the pregnancy time for vaginal delivery. And for the lactating mothers. It’s a good medicine for women’s hormonal issues and menstrual issues.
For the diet people’s
Generally in India, rice is an unavoidable part of daily meals. For this reason, your first and best choice is to prefer poongar rice for your diet plan. Because poongar rice have low calories, rich in protein and highly fibers. so, poongar rice is a good choice for your diet plan.
Poongar rice is one of the ancient and traditional organic rice for Tamilians. Poongar rice is vaguely reddish in color.in the ancient times it was called as Arubadhamkodai. In the Later period it came to be known as Poongar rice. Poongar rice is one of the traditional paddy varieties and this poongar rice is a short duration crop of paddy varieties. The poongar rice Suitable for cultivation in all seasons of the year, this poongar paddy can be cultivated three times in a year in all types of soils ,in all over the Tamil Nadu.
Poongar rice contains low calories, low glycemic index, high fibers, high proteins and vitamin B1.
– Low Calories
So this rice is mainly used for the diet plan.
– Low Glycemic index
It reduces and maintains the sugar level and keeps it healthy. And also used to weight loss.
– Highly Fibers
It’s a good medicine for the constipation sufferers.
– Highly protein
It is used to improve the bones, muscles strength.it is good for the digestive system for easy digestion. Also good for the skin cells. also for repair the tissues and eliminating the damaged tissues.
– Vitamin B1
Vitamin b1 is good for the stomach ulcer and stomach related problem.
Benefits of Anthocyanin present in poongar rice
– It has the capacity to control the blood pressure to suit the human body.
– It improves visual acuity.
– Reduce the cancer cells.
– It inhibits tumor formation.
– Good for the diabetes patients.
Benefits of Antioxidants present in poongar rice
– Scientifically proved that red rice(poongar rice) has a higher antioxidant level than brown rice.
– It reduces the risk of heart diseases including certain cancer cells.
Iron, Zinc, Magnesium and Molybdenum present in poongar rice
– Iron content is good for preserving vital function in our body.
– Zinc is mainly used to increase and boost the immunity and the muscles power.
– Magnesium supports metabolism and it helps for good sleep.
– Molybdenum circulates the protein to our entire body parts.
How to cook poongar rice?
– Get some poongar rice.
– Soak poongar rice for 7 to 8 hrs in pure water before you cook.
– Wash it in clean water.
– If you take one cup of poongar rice you have to pour 3 cups of water.
– Wait for the whistle(5 to 7 whistles regarding your soaking time). And off the flame and wait for the pressure to release.
– After this process the tasty and healthy meal is ready.
Recipes in poongar rice
Some of the recipes are Poongar rice idli, poongar rice dosa, poongar rice kanji, poongar rice idiyappam,