Seenthil Chooranam is a Siddha medicinal powder used for various medicinal purposes. It is used in treating intermittent and chronic fevers and also in reducing inflammation.
Composition of Seenthil Chhoranam
Shindilakodi (Tinospora cordifolia) is the only ingredient used in this Chooranam as the name indicates.
Properties of Seenthil Chooranam
The chooranam has following medicinal properties that prove to be beneficial in various ways:
- Mild antipyretic
- Fights against carcinigens
- Relieves constipation
- Reduces inflammation
- Digestive Stimulant
- Protects gastrointestinal tract
- Haematogenic i.e., helps in formation of red blood cells
- Mild Analgesic
Benefits of Seenthil Chooranam
- Used for treating intermittent fevers and chronic fevers.
- Treats disorders of the digestive system and respiratory system.
- In digestive system, it manages
- mild diarrhea occurring with mucus discharge,
- Hyperdipsia or intense thirst,
- Mild stomach ache and
- In respiratory system, it manages
- recurrent upper respiratory tract infections,
- recurrent cough, recurrent common cold,
- persistent sneezing (along with black pepper), and
- Internal hemorrhages
- Poisonous bites
- General debility (mainly that occurs after fever or chronic disease)
- Seminal weakness
- Treats urinary tract infections along with other medicines
The recommended dosage is to consume it 2 to 3 times, each time after meal, along with ghee or warm water.
For adults, 1 to 3 grams is the optimum dosage.
For children, 250 mg to 1.5 grams is advisable.
The Chooranam is absolutely safe as it is purely made out of the herb Seendilakodi, and hence does not exhibit any side effects.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 cm|