- Wound Healing Activity: Traditionally the leaf extract made by grinding the leaves with little water and extracting the juice is used for treating wounds.
2.) Anti Venom Activity:The water extract of the Thotta Sinungi dried root powder proved that it is very good at inhibiting the activity of the snake venom.
- For Ulcers: It has good effect on ulcers.
- Thotta Sinungi (Sensitive Plant)For Diarrhea: Thotta Sinungiis very good in treating diarrhea. A study done on albino rats by inducing them to diarrhea using castor oil and treating them with Thotta Sinungi extract proved to be very effective in controlling the diarrhea.
- Anti Diabetic Activity :Mimosa pudicas anti diabetic activity has been proven through research. The research was done using the ethanolic extract but usually the leaf powder or the root powder is taken daily for bringing down the blood sugar levels.
- Liver Protecting Activity of Thotta Sinungi (Sensitive Plant) Mimosa Pudica: Another important medicinal use its protection of liver against toxins . it proved to be very effective in protecting the liver from toxicity.
- Anti microbial, Anti Fungal & Anti Viral Properties Of Thotta Sinungi (Sensitive Plant): Mimosa pudica has been proven for its anti microbial, anti fungal and anti viral properties. The research was done using different concentrations of the mimosa pudica ethanol extract on various fungus and bacteria and it proved to be very effective in controlling them.
Mimosa pudica also commonly called as touch me not plant. It is sensitive plant in English and called as Thotta Sinnugi in Tamil. The plant is covered in thorns with beautiful pink flowers and small green leaves that closes or droops when touched. It is a plant that is found commonly in many countries. It is considered as weed and can be commonly found in wastelands.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 cm|