Tulsi Leaves Powder – Cold & Cough, Renal Care, Liver Care, Diabetes, Skin Care, and Stress Relief
Tulsi is extremely beneficial for humans. From warding off some of the most common ailments, strengthening immunity, fighting bacterial & viral infections to combating and treating various hair and skin disorders – just a few Tulsi powder when used regularly can help resolve a host of health and lifestyle-related issues. Tulsi is commonly found in two varieties – the green-colored tulsi and the purple-hued tulsi.
Closely related to culinary basil, tulsi (Ocimum sanctum, a.k.a. holy basil) is a medicinal herb used in Ayurveda that is native to India and Southeast Asia. Tulsi is considered an adaptogenic herb, meaning it can help adapt the body to stress and boost energy. In alternative medicine, tulsi is typically used for anxiety, stress, and fatigue, and may be used in herbal formulations to help treat asthma, bronchitis, colds, and the flu.
Tulsi is rich in antioxidants which help in mitigating stress and conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure. Tulsi has linoleic acid which is extremely beneficial for the skin.
To date, very few studies have looked at Tulsi’s effects on human health. It’s too soon to recommend Tulsi as a treatment for any condition, but here’s a look at what benefits preliminary research suggests that the herb may offer.
Benefits of Tulsi Leaves Powder
- Tulsi helps in relieving from fever, headache, sore throat, cold, cough, influenza and chest congestion. Tulsi is also useful in respiratory ailments like chronic bronchitis, asthma.
- Tulsi helps in regulating uric acid levels in the body and also eliminates risks of developing kidney stones.
- Fresh basil leaves give you hepatoprotective benefits. They stimulate the production of the Cytochrome P450 enzyme which helps with detoxification and removing metabolic wastes (and toxic chemicals) from the body. Tulsi prevents liver damage.
- Tulsi elevates blood sugar levels and is beneficial for diabetics.
- Tulsi acts as a detoxifying, cleansing and purifying agent which is effective in treating skin disorders, itching and bacterial infections like ringworms.
- Tulsi helps to relieve stress, strengthen immunity and facilitate proper digestion.
சித்தா – Siddha Properties
துவர்ப்பு – Tuvarppu (Acrid/Astringent)
மென்மை – Menmai (Softness)
வெப்பவீரியம் – Veppaveeriyam (Heating Effect)
இனிப்பு – Inippu (Sweet) and உவர்ப்பு – Uppu (Salt) may be converted to இனிப்பு – Inippu(Sweet)
आयुर्वेद – Ayurvedic Properties
कटु – Katu (Hot), तिक्त – Tikta (Bitter), कषाय – Kasaya (Astringent)
लघु – Laghu (Light), तीक्ष्ण – Tikshna (Sharp), रूक्ष – Ruksha (Dry)
उष्ण – Ushna (Hot)
कटु – Katu (Hot) Vipaka
Tulsi Leaves Powder Consumption
Morning – Mix 1 teaspoonful of Tulsi Leaves Powder in 100 ml warm water and consume after Breakfast. For better result – Boil required quantity of Tulsi Leaves Powder in water, filter it and consume after food. Repeat the same for Evening Dosage after Dinner.
|Dimensions||5 × 5 × 5 cm|