Cinnamon is a highly delicious spice.It has been prized for its medicinal properties for thousands of years.Modern science has now confirmed what people have known for ages.
Cinnamon is a spice that is made from the inner bark of trees scientifically known as Cinnamomum. It has been used as an ingredient throughout history, dating back as far as Ancient Egypt. It used to be rare and valuable and was regarded as a gift fit for kings. Cinnamon is made by cutting the stems of cinnamon trees. The inner bark is then extracted and the woody parts removed. When it dries, it forms strips that curl into rolls, called cinnamon sticks. These sticks can be ground to form cinnamon powder. The distinct smell and flavor of cinnamon are due to the oily part, which is very high in the compound cinnamaldehyde. Scientists believe that this compound is responsible for most of cinnamon’s powerful effects on health and metabolism.
- Cinnamon Helps Fight Bacterial and Fungal Infections.
- Cinnamon May Have Beneficial Effects on Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Lowers Blood Sugar Levels and Has a Powerful Anti-Diabetic Effect
- Improve Sensitivity to The Hormone Insulin
- Cut the Risk of Heart Disease
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- loaded with powerful antioxidants